How To Save On Auto Insurance Premiums
Check our list with tips on how to save on auto insurance premiums and get free online auto insurance quotes. Here’s the list:
- Keep your car in a garage. Parking your car in a garage has obvious benefits and insurance companies like cars kept in garages overnight. This will dramatically lower your premium. Using a garage lowers the car theft chances and odds your car be affected by extreme weather conditions. This will be reflected in your premium, especially in the case of comprehensive auto insurance.
- Raise your deductibles. Taking a higher excess will lower the premiums, but will put more financial pressure on your shoulders when an accident occurs. But raising the deductible can have some negative consequences, especially if you have low-value car. You should talk more with a financial adviser or an agent about this matter.
- Drive a safe, low-risk car. Powerful, sporty luxury cars are always the most expensive to insure. These cars have the power to go extremely fast, and insurance companies know their drivers are more likely to get into trouble. These cars also cost a lot more to fix and are attractive targets for thieves — all situations your insurance company wants to avoid. Family-friendly vehicles including minivans, sedans, and smaller SUVs cost the least to insure. Their drivers tend to be more careful, ultimately filing fewer claims. These vehicles are simpler to fix and they aren’t quite as tempting for thieves. The cheapest car to insure, the Jeep Wrangler Sport, will set you back only about $1,080 a year. The Honda Odyssey LX, Jeep Patriot Sport, and Honda CR-V LX are similarly easy on the wallet.
- Maintain good credit. Most of the insurance companies look at your credit score to calculate the rates. If you have good credit score, the insurer assumes that you are also responsible behind the wheel. A rock-bottom credit score could mean you’ll pay double, triple, or even quadruple over someone with a perfect credit score.
- Bundle policies. Lots of insurers will give you discounts if you buy more than one policy. For example, you can get attractive discounts if you buy from the same insurer car, life and home insurance.