What To Do After A Car Accident
Being involved in an accident is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. After the initial shock and confusion, you must react quickly. Follow the next guide on what to do after a car accident. Given the fact that accidents cause property damage, it would be wise to have an appropriate coverage level. Our website can help you get the right coverage, by allowing you to compare auto insurance online quotes.
- Place yourself and your passengers outside harm’s way. The first thing to do is to stop the vehicle and leave from it. Quickly inspect it and see if there are any fuel leaks. If there are, alert people close-by to keep distance.
- Check the other damaged car. Make sure that everyone is ok. Call 911 if there are any injuries. Even a seemingly minor symptom like dizziness should be checked out by a health care professional.
- Protect the accident scene and signal the area. This will prevent further accidents. Set up flares, or keep your flashers on. If it is dark and your lights don’t work, you should have a flashlight to keep you safe while you wait in your damaged car or by the side of the road.
- Call the police. You should call the police, even if the accident is minor. A police report can be invaluable to the claim process and help establish who’s at fault. The vehicles involved in the accident should remain where they are, unless they interfere with traffic.
- Record all details and provide the info to authorities. When the police arrive, make sure you tell the investigating officers exactly what happened, to the best of your ability. If you do not know certain facts, tell that to the officer. Make sure to gather and present info from witnesses. Also, take pictures immediately after the accident and present them to the police.
Visit us for more info and free quotes. Compare Free Quotes!