Top Car Insurance Discounts
You can get cheaper car insurance by making sure you maximize the best discounts available on the market. There are many car insurance discounts insurance companies offer, but only a few are substantial and have a major impact on the insurance policy costs. These so-called top discounts can drop your total policy premiums from 10 percent to 45 percent, depending on your insurer and discount type.
- Multi-policy Discount. Also called bundling, this type of discount is probably the biggest type single discount you can get on car insurance. Getting your car and house, insured to the same company can get you significant discounts to your insurance policies as high as 20 percent. The same thing happens if you choose to bundle multiple cars together, or your car with other belongings that can be insured.
- Loyalty Discount. Insurance companies will offer discounts to the customers that stayed at them for a long period of time. An insurance company customer can get a loyalty discount if they stick with the same insurer anywhere from 3 to 5 years. The loyalty discount amount varies in most cases from 10 percent to 20 percent.
- Good Student Discount. This discount usually applies to those students that have 3.0-grade point average or better. 12 credit hours or more are also required for a college student to qualify.
- Good Driver Discount. Like the name says, if you are a good driver you can get a discount. To be eligible for this discount, the driver should have not suffered an accident or even receive a ticket anywhere from 3 to 5 years, depending on the insurance company the driver is insured.
- Safety Features Discount. Having safety features installed in your car like anti-lock brakes and airbags, or anti-theft devices can make you eligible for a discount from your insurance company You should check with your insurer what features or devices installed on your car to make it safer can get you a discount.
Visit us for more info. Read more!